What is SysChk?
SysChk is a shareware diagnostic program that provides valuable information
about devices installed in your system. The following are some of the items
SysChk will search for :
- Computer model type including manufacturer if known
- Micro Processor including the Intel Pentium(tm) and Cyrix
- Detection of the older Pentium that had a floating point bug
- Complete IRQ listing including usage and availability
- Math Coprocessor type
- Microsoft Windows setup information
- Info on ISA, PCI, Micro Channel, or EISA bus
- System BIOS including source, date and size
- A listing of all known BIOS extensions in the system, and the size of those
- Type of mouse installed, number of buttons, and interrupt used
- Info on serial and parallel ports in system including base addresses and
parameters of the port including IRQ.
- Type of Serial port UART chip including 16550
- Complete information on any Network connection
- Hard disk size including tracks, heads, sectors and CMOS type
- Detailed Hard Disk Information
- Complete Video info including chipset, memory, capabilities, and BIOS
- Details on conventional, extended, and expanded memory
- Benchmarks on system including CPU, video, and hard disks
- Lots more!
What others are saying about SysChk
ZiffNet "Shareware Rating - **** "
"This superb program performs a thorough analysis of your system
and reports the results. Find out exactly what is under the hood of your PC!"
" How well do you know what's inside your PC? Do you know what kind
of UART is on your serial port? Do you know which chip set your video card uses,
or who manufactured your hard disk? Odds are you don't. If you want answers to
those questions and far more, then SysChk is for you. This Sherlock Holmes of
the shareware world snoops under your system's hood and gives you a complete
rundown on what you have. Despite its sophistication, it's remarkable easy
program to use."
"SysChk provides over 10 pages of valuable details on devices and
performance of your system. Recommended!"
"System information program that tells you a lot about your system.
An advantage to SysChk is that it comes with the SCSI and IDE identification
information not found in most other programs of this type."
The registration fee for this shareware product is $29.00. For the $29.00
registration fee you will be sent a registered version of SysChk along with a
free copy of the Advanced Personal System's Deluxe Utility Disk with a number of
handy utilities including a menu system, an easy to use file viewer, a CMOS
viewer, and lots more. You can now register through CompuServe by entering "GO
SWREG" and billing your CompuServe account. The registration ID# is 497.
Or if you like, send in your name with a check or money order to:
Advanced Personal Systems105 Serra WaySuite 418Milpitas, CA. 95035
How to reach us:Phone - (408) 298-3703Web - www.syschk.comFAX - (408) 945-0242BBS - (408) 945-0242
Note: California residents please add 7.75% sales tax.
If you are a Systems Integrator or VAR and are interested in providing
SysChk with your systems, please call for a special low cost licensing fee.
Thanks for your registration!
REVISION HISTORY - These are the major changes made to the various versions
- Prerelease version to public domain, all items on a single page
2.00 to 2.23
- Various Beta versions released only to Beta users
- Official Shareware version first release (1991)
- Added environment memory information
- Combined Floppy and Hard drive information on one page.
- Added module on Networks.
- Added chipset information on VGA video cards.
- Added presence detection of DOS 5 in HMA area.
- Added presence of execution under Microsoft Windows.
- Added detection of serial ports not originally found by BIOS.
- Added option to save information to a file in addition to printer.
- Added disk controller manufacturer information.
- Added a few more model byte descriptions.
- Fixed DOS version lower than 3.0 announcement bug.
- Fixed bug with DISK module running with DR DOS 5.0.
- Added detection of OAK Technologies Video chipset
- Added detection of CPU clock speed
- Added Network information to printer output
- Added detection of 8514/A
- Added standard output redirection option to the parameter line.
- Fixed missing info of mouse and network in redirected output.
- Added some more information on HMA and XMS.
- Fixed incorrect info on HMA area.
- Shortened initialization time.
- Changed speed bar to accommodate faster systems.
- Added detection of Logitech and Mouse Systems mice.
- Added detection of ISA or EISA bus type.
- Added detection of MODEM on serial port.
- Added detection of Sound Board.
- Added detection of (some) SCSI Host Adapters. (Test disabled by entering
- Removed detection of Trident video boards (caused hangup).
- Added Video Speed option.
- Added detection of some S3 video chipsets.
- Added detection of 80386SX CPU.
- Added information on registration through CompuServe.
- Fixed problem with Video Speed reporting incorrect speed.
- Added more partition names.
- Added DOS revision number.
- Added more information for Tseng 4000 video chipset.
- Added the ability to automatically add comments to the printout.
- Removed detection of disk controller under Windows Enhanced mode to prevent
conflict with 32-bit Disk Access.
- Added detection of additional installed hard disks.
- Added average access speed of all hard disks.
- Added detection of Intel Pentium(tm).
- Added SysChk rating, a combination of other speed tests.
- Added CD-ROM detection and MSCDEX version.
- Added /M switch for monochrome displays.
- Added additional SCSI Host Adapter Controllers and fixed detection problem.
- Added Interrupt info for Serial and Parallel ports.
- Added Maximum Video resolution and colors.
- Added Network Shell version and type of memory used.
- Added /R switch to create trace file SYSCHK.REC for debugging.
- Added additional menu screens, accessible by left and right arrows.
- Added IRQ active status and owners for all IRQs 0-15.
- Added detecion of Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum.
- Improved Resident Map information.
- Added Upper Memory Block TSR map.
- Added Environment Variable listings.
- Added Logical Drive information.
- Added CMOS information.
- Added detection of Plug and Play BIOS.
- Added /B option to bypass any screen writes when redirecting output.
- Removed Modem Detection due to false positives.
- Added detection of PS/2 Mouse without driver.
- Added /U switch to disable UMB detection.
- Added detection of Compaq QVision video card
- Added detection of many more video card's chipsets.
- Added detection of sound card DMA and IRQ.
- Added detection of Adaptec AIC-7770 SCSI.
- Added detection of PCI BIOS.
- Added Novell NetWare network User listing
- Added Disk Cache information
- Added SYSCHK.INI file to configure system report
- Added boot CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT to system report (Off by default.
Enable via the SYSCHK.INI file)
- Added /N command line parameter to create report with Novell Physical ID
- Added Microsoft Windows Information module
- Added detection of Game Port
- Fixed Cyrix CPU detection code errors.
- Added new information on CPU (if Pentium or newer 486 model)
- Added IDE and SCSI ASPI information
- Added Pentium floating point division (FDIV) bug detection
- Added BBS phone number (408-945-0242).
- Added SYSCHKPATH Environment variable for SYSCHK.INI location
- Added Advanced Power Management (APM) detection
- Added detection of modem
- Improved CPU Speed detection
- Enhanced Sound Card detection
- Fixed memory and disk size display
ASSOCIATION OF SHAREWARE PROFESSIONALS
This program is produced by a member of the Association of Shareware
Professionals (ASP). The ASP wants to make sure the shareware principle works
for you. If you are unable to resolve a shareware-related problem with an ASP
member by contacting the member directly, the ASP may be able to help. The ASP
Ombudsman can help you resolve a dispute or problem with an ASP member, but
does not provide technical support for members' products. Please write to
the ASP Ombudsman at 545 Grover Road, Muskegon, MI 49442 or send a CompuServe
message via CompuServe Mail to ASP Ombudsman 70007,3536.
DISCLAIMER - AGREEMENT
Advanced Personal Systems (APS) hereby disclaims all warranties relating to
this software, whether express or implied, including without limitation any
implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. APS
will not be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or
similar damages due to loss of data or any other reason, even if APS or an agent
of APS has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall
APS's liability for any damages ever exceed the price paid for the license to
use software, regardless of the form of the claim. The person using the
software bears all risk as to the quality and performance of the software.